Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fourth of July & Myrtle Beach

Hello Peaches,
I hope all of you had a great July 4th holiday weekend. I know I did. I went home to SC to visit my family & friends. I managed to spend a day on the beach with my best friend and we really enjoyed ourselves.
We went to an All-U-Can-Eat buffet that served all kinds of food, including seafood. I went straight for the crab legs, but I didn't take a picture. I just dove right in. I did manage to take a picture of the fruit platter I created for myself. It was so healthy & refreshing..
After eating lunch, we headed to the boardwalk to walk along the beach and pier.


I decided to wear a pair of shorts and a tee-shirt for our day trip so I would be comfortable. At first I put on a pair of wedges, but I knew I would need to switch out to flip flops after lunch once we started walking. Here's a picture of me with my wedges on. You can't really see them too well, but the heels are kinda high (at least for me). I've got to get used to them.
My best friend (left) and I (right)
SN: My best friend and I are both on a journey to live a Healthy Lifestyle. We are eating healthier and exercising. There will be more post about our Healthy Lifestyle Journey in the future.

What I'm wearing:
Camouflage Shorts - Wal-Mart
Tee - by Mossimo via Target
Shoes - DSW
Necklace & Bracelet - Khol's
Belt - Ross

After walking along the beach and on the pier, we strolled down the boardwalk and ventured into little shops. They had some really cute things there. I really wanted this cute purse I saw, but it wasn't in my budget. It was so hard leaving it there. :( However, I did purchase 3 necklaces that I will use as anklets by wrapping them around my ankle twice. I've been looking for these anklets (similar to the two I have on in the above center picture) for the past 2 or 3 years, and it finally hit me to try using a necklace and do a wrap-around. It worked and I'm so excited!  We also stopped by the outlet on our way home. We only had time to go into one store and that was the Forever 21 Outlet Store. They had some really cute things, but they didn't seem to be something that I would wear. I did end up purchasing a beautiful green & silver ring. I can't wait to wear it, but I will probably have to purchase something to style around the ring....yep, just an excuse to go shopping. :) Pictures of my purchases to come in future post.

Other than that, I went to a family BBQ and hung out with the rest of my family. The weekend was beautiful, but I'm glad to be back in Atlanta. I needed to catch up on my rest. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment