Thursday, July 21, 2011

Nutter Butter

Hello Peaches!

Today I thought I'd introduce you to a food discovery I made since transitioning to a healthier lifestyle.  Meet my new found friend...Almond Butter...I'll just call her Almy. LOL!


This stuff is so good! It's just like the peanut butter we all grew up on, only it is made of almonds.  I use almond butter when making my green smoothies to add a little protein and to add a nutty taste.  I also like to spread it on toasted sandwich thins and have myself a good ole' Almond Butter Sandwich.  For snacking, I will spread it on fresh fruit or simply eat it by the spoonful.  Almond Butter can also be stirred into oatmeal to add a little flavor to your morning breakfast.  mmmmm! Yummy!

You can find Almond Butter at Walmart, Whole Foods and Trader Joe's.  I'm sure other grocery chains carry it too, but these are just the places where I've purchased mine from.  It comes in creamy, crunchy and a few other varieties...but not all stores sell them. You should definitely be able to find the creamy with no problem. There is even a chocolate version!

So the next time you're out shopping, treat yourself to a jar of Almond Butter. Switch it up a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment