Friday, February 17, 2012

All You 'Gotta' Do Is Walk

I finally put on my new running shoes that I purchased last summer. LOL!
Walking...does a body good.
Body movement is a key component to a Healthy Living Lifestyle.  It is just as important as eating a healthy meal filled with fruits and vegetables.

If you do not currently exercise and are just starting an exercise routine, walking is a great way to get your body moving.  For starters, you don't have to pay for a gym membership. Walking in your neighborhood is FREE of charge. You are also not bound by gym hours. You have the flexibility to walk whenever it is convenient for you. If you own a treadmill at home, it is even more convenient, because you don't have to worry about the weather.

Of course the most important benefit about walking is that it gives you an overall body workout. It is less strenuous on the body so you are prone to less injuries.  You can always increase your walking exercises by adding weights to your wrists and ankles.

So, what is needed to begin a Walking Exercise Program?
Not very much is needed really.  All that is needed is comfortable clothing and a good pair of walking/running shoes.

What type of exercises are you doing to get your body moving?

2 comments:

  1. Walking is a great way to jump start a fitness routine. A quality tennis shoe helps this process as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly agree with getting a good quality tennis shoe.
      I went to a store that specializes in exercise shoes called Fleet Feet Sports (www.FleetFeetDecatur.com) in downtown Decatur. The staff was super helpful. They did the Gait test and even let me run outside in a couple of pairs of sneakers before recommending the best shoes for my feet. I ended up getting a full shoe size larger than my normal every day size and the shoes feel great on my feet.

      Delete