Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sunday Brunch

Oops! This post didn't go out yesterday and it's all my fault, but here it is...

Yesterday was a very beautiful and easy-breezy day. The weather was nice. 
I woke up about 30 minutes late so I had to rush to get ready for church.
After pulling a few suits out of the closet, nothing seemed to feel right to me.  Eventually I settled on the Anne Klein jean skirt (read about my fabulous Mall Score here) I purchased at Macy's for under $12 and a top that I also purchased from Macy's for less than $15 back in December of last year. Yes...I love shopping at Macy's! The outfit was nothing special. Just a simple skirt & top that I felt very comfortable in. I wore a pair of neutral colored slingback shoes that were sort of a cross between taupe and cognac colors.
Blouse by Sunny Leigh
Anne Klein Jean Skirt

I didn't get a chance to take pictures of me wearing the outfit because right after church, we headed over to O'Charley's Restaurant for brunch and then to a couple of malls to do a little shopping.
For brunch, I decided to have a meatless meal of waffles with strawberries, whipped cream & syrup and a side order of brunch fries. Every thing was tasty. 
As you can see, my waffles does not have a dollop of whipped cream on them...yet. I ate half of them before I noticed something was missing. Yep, they were that good and to be honest I really didn't need the whipped cream...they tasted better without it.

waffles after adding whipped cream
Waffles with Strawberries & Syrup

Side order of Brunch Fries
After eating brunch, we headed over to the mall to shop for Mother's Day gifts. I ended up buying 3 pairs of pants (black, navy, gray) for myself and a shirt for my BF at the Northlake Mall Macy's store. Then we headed over to Perimeter Mall. There, I purchased a cute khaki colored Alfani belted blouse ($15.49) and a Rachel Roy cardigan ($11.25) from Macy's.  All of that shopping and I still have to do more shopping because I didn't get my Mom anything. :)
I'm very pleased that I lost weight, but trying to rebuild my wardrobe is costly. :( I'm not so happy with that. Just a few more key pieces and I'll be set for a while...anyway. Well, at least I'm having a lot of fun shopping, right? I can't wait to style the clothes and accessories that I've been buying. I'm trying to step out of the box when it comes to fashion. Look for future post as I share with you "What I'm Wearing". I'll be incorporating all of the tips I've been learning about fashion from other bloggers. I'll even share a few of my favorite Fashion Bloggers with you. They are awesome! Hopefully I'll have a new job soon and I'll be able to wear all of my new clothes to a new job.

After attending church, eating brunch and shopping, I headed home and took a nice long nap.
I later watched tv and ate a salad for dinner. Yes, it was a nice, easy, breezy day.


Question of the day
How do you normally spend your Sundays?

No comments:

Post a Comment