Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Sunday

Hi There! I hope every one had a Happy Easter weekend.
My weekend was great...very low key with a lot of napping and a little shopping.
The weather was nice and church was so good.
I've been visiting a new church for the past few weeks and I am really enjoying the services. I normally don't like churches with big congregations, but I must say I feel really comfortable when visiting this particular church. Another plus is that it is right down the street from my house. This church has 3 services each Sunday so I have no excuses for not attending. Right? I've been going to the 9:30am service and that seems to be working out great. I love the fact that church is over around 11:15am each Sunday and I have the whole day to do other stuff and if I decide to go out to eat, the restaurants are not crowded. Plus, Plus, Plus, Plus!!!

Okay, so here is what I wore to church on Easter Sunday. I wanted to wear something with some springy colors so I chose this skirt that I picked up a few weeks ago. I was finally able to find a top to match on Saturday. I normally don't wear lots of patterned pieces, but I'm trying to step outside the box a little when it comes to fashion since I'm having to sort of rebuild my wardrobe (after dropping a few pounds). I decided to purchase this skirt because of all the colors in it. I can pair it with yellow, lavender, pink, white and this pinkish-purplish color top that I have on in the picture. So you see, I'll be able to get lots of wear out of this one skirt. The next time I wear this skirt, I think I will accessorize with a belt and more bulky pieces of jewelry.

For the shoes, I chose to go with these Cognac colored sandals that I've had in my closet for at least a couple of years. I'm really liking this Cognac color for my shoes and accessories because it is a neutral color that can be worn with so many different colors and the color won't take away from the outfit.
 Fashion Finds
Top: Macy's (clearance @ $11)
Skirt: Ann Taylor Loft (clearance @ $17.90)
Shoes: purchased years ago
Charm: Stella & Dot (part of a 3-piece charm set @ $19 on sale)
Bracelets, Ring, Gold Chain - Gifts


*sorry about the poor picture quality. promise to do a better job in the future.

Question: Did you purchase a new dress, outfit or shoes for Easter?

No comments:

Post a Comment