Friday, April 15, 2011

Mall Score!

I had a lot of work I needed to do over the weekend. It was overwhelming...so instead I tagged along with E&K (my niece & nephew-her husband) to the mall. We ended up driving out to North Point Mall, about a 40 minute drive from Decatur. At first I didn't want to drive out there, especially since there are 4 malls within a 10 mile radius of my home, but I'm so glad I did.

You see, I had this Anne Klein denim pencil skirt on my wish list.  I saw the skirt online at Macys.com, but none of the stores in my area has an Anne Klein department. Online the skirt was $59, which was over my budget for a single piece of clothing, but I decided to take the plunge because of the versatility of the skirt. It can be dressed up or down; worn with heels or flats; sandals or shoes; jacket or no jacket. This skirt can be worn to work, church or just to hang out.  Switch out the top, shoes and jewelry and you can get lots of fashion combos with this denim pencil skirt. It's a classic signature piece to have in your wardrobe.

With my $10 Macy's Birthday Gift Card in hand, I went searching for the Anne Klein section. I found it, but no denim skirt. :( Okay. Don't give up. Just keep looking. I finally gave the clearance rack a really good look and guess what? I found the skirts. Oh no! They don't have my size! However, they had a size 4 and a size 8. So I'm looking at the skirts, feeling a little defeated. Not to worry...I go to the dressing room with the size 4 and 8. (I wear a size 6.) So I try on the size 4. Perfect fit around the waist; a little snug around the hips. I'm moving & bending & shaking. Okay. Maybe this will work. My niece agreed. I'm excited again.

So now I'm at the register ready to check out. The skirt is marked down to $29.50 on the clearance tag. I'm excited because I can use my $10 Gift Card and save some more money. I hand the clerk my gift card and she says "I'm sorry you can't use this card. Your purchase has to be at least $30." In my mind I'm thinking no problem, I will just add a bottle of water or a candy bar to take me over the $30 minimum. Then she says, "This skirt has been marked down to $14.50." What?!?!?! I'm about to jump out of my skin. I'm so happy! My niece hands me her 20% OFF coupon, which made the final price of the skirt $12!!!

So you see why I'm so excited, right? Mall Score!!! A $47 savings!!! I love shopping when things turn out this good. Oh and by the way, I checked online and the exact same skirt is still selling for $59.

Question(s) of the day: (Please leave a comment.)
What are some of the items on your wish list?
Have you had any recent Mall Scores? If so, tell us about them.

1 comment:

  1. Update: I decided to take the size 4 skirt back to another Macy's and exchange it for a size 6(my correct size). I'm so happy that I did. It fits so much better and I won't feel self-conscious about it fitting a little too snug when I wear it. I even saved another 12 cents on the price because of the tax difference in Cobb County. Every little bit helps, right?!!!

    ReplyDelete