Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What's Happening...

Just a note to let you all know what's been happening with my blog...and me.
I've been trying to complete another project that I must get done so that I can concentrate more on the things I love (like blogging, shopping, hanging out with family & friends, working, etc.). Unfortunately, I have been procrastinating BIG time and not really getting much done. :( So this is the week that I'm making promises to myself to go ahead and finish up these projects so I can get on with my life. 



I've also been thinking about what the focus of this blog should be. My decision is to incorporate all aspects of my daily life. Right now, my main focus outside of this blog is finding a new job.  So I will be blogging about my experiences with that. I haven't been actively looking for a job in over 13 years, so this should be an interesting adventure.


In addition to job hunting, I'll be posting about the following things:

  • Fashion Finds - I'm sort of rebuilding my wardrobe. It is in serious need of an update...I mean SERIOUS need. :) So I have been shopping on a tight budget lately and finding some really good deals on clearance in stores like Macy's and the Loft. I've also found some good buys in Marshall's, TJ Maxx and ROSS. These stores are like my favorite places to shop right now. I'll be posting pictures of myself wearing some of these great finds and letting you all know where I found them so you can go out and purchase them too (if you like them).
    Along with finding good bargains, I want to update my look and be a little more trendy. I feel that before my look has be very classic and to be honest...boring. I'm learning a lot by visiting other fashion blogs and will incorporating some of what I learn so I can develop my own style. This should be fun! :)
  • Healthy Eating - Since I've been on my Healthy Lifestyle journey, I realize that the only way to really eat healthy is to prepare your own meals.  I never really liked to cook before, but I'm really beginning to enjoy it now. I use a lot of whole foods when cooking/preparing - fresh fruits, vegetables, fish, chicken and every now and then turkey. I stay away from processed foods as much as possible and try to eat out no more than 2 times per week. I'll be sharing recipes and healthy alternatives with you so you can improve your health, too.
  • Exercising - I was walking about 2.5 miles every other day. However, I have slipped up in this area. So next week I will be starting the Couch25K program. This program helps couch potatoes begin an exercise program that will have you off the couch and running about 3 miles in a 10-week time period. Anyone want to join me?
  • Business - I'll still focus on business & networking by doing the Business Spotlight and Upcoming Events sections. This will be my way of giving back and trying to uplift other business owners out there. We need to support each other, right? Look for new entries next week!
Your comments and feedback are always welcome so feel free to let me know what you are thinking.
Also, if you find some good deals and products, let me know. Send in a picture of you in your outfit. Send in that healthy  recipe. Who knows? I may be able to share it with every one else.

Have a blessed week and look for more frequent post starting this week.
Just remember, I'm new to blogging and this is definitely a learning experience for me.

-rena

No comments:

Post a Comment