Thursday, May 26, 2011

Finally!!!

Computer Woes
Well, I finally got Max (my laptop) fixed. Yay!!! I will be very careful with it from now on. These Macs are so expensive to get fixed. Un.be.lievable! I do love my Macbook Pro, but Apple makes it so very hard to afford to own one of these things. I was quoted repair cost of $550-$800 to replace the LCD and $800-$1000+ to replace the Logic Board. The sad part is that even if you just had one simple thing wrong with your laptop, you have to get the whole entire unit replaced because Apple doesn't sell replacement parts. I seriously think that Apple needs to check into changing their policy. No wonder the majority of computer owners decide to purchase Windows-based PCs. Apple makes it very hard to remain a loyal customer to them, especially in this economy. So, I will be starting a "New Computer Fund" to save up for a new computer in case I run into any more issues with this laptop. I'm also going to purchase an external hard drive to periodically back up my work in case I have computer failure again. LESSON LEARNED....again.

Now on to some fun stuff...Since I haven't been blogging in a while, I have a couple of outfits to share with you. I'll apologize for the photography now. Sorry. I really need to work on doing a better job of this. I have a tripod, but I always seem to be in a rush to take pictures. The two outfits I'm posting below is what I wore to church. One was on Mother's Day and the other one was just a regular Sunday.



I wore this dress to church on Mother's Day. I wanted to wear something with flowers in it. Normally, I'm a non-patterned sort of girl. Lots of solid pieces and not much color. However, lately when I've been out shopping, I've been picking more patterned tops and dresses and I've been staying away from solid browns & blacks.

So this dress is one (of many items) that I recently purchased from Ross. I chose it because it had a floral pattern on the bottom half and also because it had yellow colors in it. Yellow is my favorite color right now. So bright, sun-shiny and a happy color. I love yellow! It perks me up. I also liked the skinny belt that came with the dress. I chose not to wear a necklace since I had all of the floral print going on.

Note: I've begun to re-arrange clean my closet and I noticed that I also have a lot of taupe colors...especially pants suits. I guess that was one of my go-to safe colors when shopping before. I have more taupe pieces than I do black and brown. It's a little ridiculous. Really. It is. :) I think I will start a "Shop Smart Woman Atlanta" store and sell some of the clothes that I no longer need or want and clothes that are either too small or too big. I was supposed to be pulling these type items from my closet to give to charity and I didn't want to part with anything. :( I managed to give away a few things, but not nearly as much as I should have.

Dress: Ross Stores
Belt: Came with the dress
Shoes: Old (not sure where I got them)
Bracelet(Bangle): Burlington Coat Factory - $1



I found both of these pieces at Ross Stores. Yep, Ross has become my favorite place to shop as of late. If you go at the right time, you can find some very reasonably priced pieces.
At first, I didn't like the skirt as it hung on the rack because of the layers, but I decided to try it on and I loved the way it fit. I thought the layers were gonna be very bulky and look tacky, but I was pleasantly surprised.  The top, I also found at Ross. As you can see it has the color yellow in it so I snapped it up. It was a perfect match for my skirt.

Top: Ross - $10.99
Skirt: Ross - $13.99
Bracelet: Burlington Coat Factory - $1
Necklace: Burlington Coat Factory - $7.99
(earrings came with the necklace - not worn)
Belt: Borrowed from another dress purchased @ Ross
Shoes: not sure. purchased last year.

Close up of top and necklace
After church on Mother's Day Sunday, we went down to the Sweet Auburn Festival. It was held downtown Atlanta on Auburn Avenue. It was a fun time. We met a couple of food vendors that I would love to share with you all (later post) - Rumtastic Cakes and Time To Eat Kitchen.
Rumtastic Cakes is out of Atlanta. She had some of the best rum cakes we ever tasted.
Time To Eat Kitchen is based out of Birmingham, Alabama. The food looked delicious. I didn't eat any, but my niece & nephew did and they gave it 2 thumbs up. *Oh, I so wanted a bite of that sandwich!*

Well, thanks for reading the blog and being patient with me. I'm loving this bloggin' thang. LOL! If you don't have one, you should consider starting your own blog. It's a lot of fun and I'm learning so much from other bloggers and it's a great way to meet people.
If you like what you see & read, please follow me and refer this blog to others. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment