Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Interview Attire

Since I have to start going on interviews very soon...like right now...I decided to find some appropriate interview attire. I had a couple of navy pant suits in my closet, but I didn't like the way any of them fit and as you know, if you look good...you feel good. So since I want to feel good when on interviews I knew I needed to shop for a dress or pants suit or something that fit perfectly.

A few weeks ago I went to Ross and there on the rack was this classic navy dress. I knew it was meant for me to purchase. It was in my size and just what I needed. See how the universe is aligning things to help me find a job. :)

Navy dress: Ross Stores - $39.99
Shoes: Macy's - a few years ago
Jewelry: Circle necklace - gift

The dress came belted with a navy belt. In the above photo, I wore the dress to church so I put on a pair of taupe slingback shoes and simple jewelry.
I think the next time I wear this dress (hopefully on an interview), I will pair it with cognac shoes and a cognac belt and maybe some bulkier pieces of jewelry.

It's been a long time (over 13 years) since I've been on an interview so I'm not exactly sure how to dress. I just figured I can't go wrong with this simple dress. I did pick up a pair of navy and black slacks from Macy's over the weekend so I can style them with a nice blouse to create a decent interview outfit.
I just plan to keep it simple, look decent and professional without bringing to much attention to my clothes. I want the focus to be on me and the skills I have to offer.


Question of the Day
Do you have any advice or interview tips you can share with me? Please leave them in the comments section. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment