Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fall Back

Nature's Beauty in Cherokee, NC.  
Hello, Everybody!
It's been a while since I last posted a blog entry, but hopefully this time I'm back for the long-haul.
My family & I just returned from an extended weekend trip to the Smoky Mountains in Cherokee, NC.  The mountains are so beautiful!  Seeing the leaves turn into warm fall colors and breathing in the fresh mountain air was very therapeutic. Being one with nature has a way of clearing your mind and enlivening your spirits.  It did me so much good to get away from the busyness of Metro Atlanta and to be able to sit back, relax and bask in nature's sunshine & beauty.  I am renewed! :)

While away I had a chance to really think about life and what's important to me.  Of course family & friends were at the top of my list, but helping others succeed was at the top also.  Not only do I want to help others prosper in their businesses, I also want to help others in their personal lives in regards to Health & Wellness (www.EatMostlyRaw.com).

Kale is the New Beef! (I love my new t-shirt)
You see, over the past couple of years I've been going through a transformation and I'm feeling so much better about life right now.  Everything is falling into place and seems to be working out.  My spirit is high.  I've adapted to a healthier lifestyle.  I'm focused on eating a mostly raw diet now and I'm exercising more.  I also stopped putting relaxers in my hair about 2 years ago and I'm loving my natural hair. I can wear it straightened or curly and I love it!  Another part of my transformation is that I'm learning to live with a lot less "stuff".  I don't shop as much as I used to and I'm learning to appreciate the things I already have.  So refreshing!  I'm looking forward to sharing more of the things I've been learning, doing and enjoying in my life lately.

So what am I doing now?  Right now I'm working on a Special Edition of Smart Woman Atlanta magazine.  I'm hoping to distribute the printed copies some time during the month of December.  I've put it out in the universe, so now it must be done. :)
It's time for us to re-connect with each other. Support each other's businesses. Share tips & trips that will enrich our lives.  We need to create a sisterhood of women who cares about each other and who wish nothing but the best for the next woman.  Together we can help each other live happier lives and create happier & stronger families in the process.

I'm looking forward to sharing my journey with you.  Look out 2013. Here we come!!!

~rena



2 comments: